MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

7.31.2005

Betty Bacall---Best of the Broads

The Greatest Broad Ever

I have always absolutely loved Lauren Bacall, who to my mind is the all-time greatest broad (in the best pre-P.C. sense).

Sure, she was a lefty. Yeah, she shanghaied Bogey into defending Commies during the HUAC days.

I can forgive her for all these things for statements like this:

"When you talk about a great actor, you're not talking about Tom Cruise," Bacall says.

"His whole behavior is so shocking. It's inappropriate and vulgar and absolutely unacceptable to use your private life to sell anything commercially, but I think it's kind of a sickness."


When God made Betty Bacall, He broke the mold.

But I'd give anything to glue it back together and make another dozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home