MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

6.29.2005

3 Days Left Until the "Rear Echelon" Blogathon Makes Blogging History

Thanks to Michelle Malkin and Hedgehog Blog for plugging MoltenThought's "Rear Echelon" Blogathon.

We're heading into the home stretch of blogathon preparation now. WordGirl and I are keeping our fingers limber and our attitudes snarky as we prepare for this Saturday's grueling 12am - 12 am shift.

As with everything on the Internet, it's all been done before, I'm afraid, although I didn't realize that even the nifty moniker "blogathon" had been invented by someone else, long before we started blogging, until I googled it a moment ago.

We're raising money for a great cause: The Armed Forces Relief Trust, which is a kind of one-stop-shopping for folks who love the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard equally and want to support them all. The charities under the AFRT umbrella help military personnel and their families in their times of need, which are a lot more frequent than you might think given the poor compensation we provide our defenders.

What are we going to do to earn your greenbacks?

We're going to blog our booties off for 24 hours straight, dishing up the commentary like a lunch lady on meth.

And unlike said lunch lady, we'll even give you more than your money's worth:

For every $25 you donate, you get to e-mail WordGirl or I with a (family-friendly) topic you'd like us to post on. Doesn't matter what it is. If you want me to sing the praises of Menudo, I'll do it. If you want WordGirl to write a love haiku to Carrot Top, she'll do it. We're that committed.

Please drop by anytime this Saturday and feel free to hit the tip jar at right---all proceeds will go to the Armed Forces Relief Trust just as soon as I can write 'em a check, which I'll do with my teeth if the pain in my typing fingers hasn't subsided.

Thanks for your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home