MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

8.20.2005

"Hot, Blue, and Righteous"---The MoltenThought Mantra

It may look like WordGirl and I are just winging it, but we in fact are following a meticulously-planned strategy for Total Media Dominance.

The crux of our effort is the "Hot, Blue, and Righteous" model.

I'm a political and military guy at heart. The vast majority of my posts fall into one of these categories or the other. We call this category "Hot"---short shelf-life, big buzz, highly topical.

I leaven it occasionally with cultural commentary. I'm a comics fan, love movies and books, and am heavily into music, particularly blues. When I comment on these, I'm hitting the "Blue" category---more reflective, more personal, more interested in art.

Once in awhile I'll feel like opining on religion. That's the "Righteous" bucket---musings on spirituality, honor, metaphysics, Christianity.

WordGirl complements my postings by hitting the "Blue" and "Righteous" categories far more often than she does "Hot".

I favor short, punchy posts with an emphasis on linking our readers to content they might not have seen.

WordGirl typically posts longer, finely-crafted, more introspective posts which build a bond with our readers.

The melange is something which hopefully scratches as many of our readers' itches on a given day as two bloggers humanly can.

We get together every few months to assess how MoltenThought is doing and suggest changes. The "Hot, Blue, and Righteous" model is referred to frequently during these editorial meetings.

Just thought you'd appreciate a peek behind-the-scenes, as it were.

Before the end of the year, we'll be having a couple of special events here (and hopefully in partnership with several other great bloggers) wherein this content model will make a lot more sense.

Thanks for reading and for your feedback.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex Nunez said...

I cannot tell you how many times I have thought of asking you to explain Hot, Blue & Righteous...

Thanks for blogrolling me, guys. That means a lot, and I greatly appreciate it.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Teflon said...

Thanks, Alex, and over the next couple of days we'll be doing some posts which introduce readers to the great blogs added to the BlogRoll, so you'll want to keep an eye out.

We appreciate your support.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home