MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

9.30.2005

Serenity Now

WordGirl and I attended the geekfest that was "Serenity" this evening, and let's just cut right to the chase:

BEST....FRAGGIN'...MOVIE....EVER!!!

It's intense, funny, and exhilirating, all at the same time.

You don't have to be a fan of the "Firefly" TV series to enjoy this movie, although the Browncoats will absolutely love it.

It has so many quotable lines that it is guaranteed to be the next cult classic, minimum.

How great was this movie? At the end of it, the entire theater broke out into applause. I have never seen that before.

Word of mouth on this thing is going to be fantastic---I wouldn't be surprised if the second weekend tops the opening in grosses.

WordGirl is going to do a more detailed review (sans SPOILERS, preferably) but suffice it to say you really ought to consider popping out to the cineplex to catch "Serenity" as soon as possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Nunez said...

I want to see Serenity, but don't know when I'll get the chance. I will be seeing it as a Firefly neophyte. My brother-in-law has been encouraging me to watch Season 1, but I'll probably do the reverse-order thing and see the film first.

Wanted to let you know that I finally saw the very fun and entertaining Fantastic Four movie Sunday night. I hope to publish a review in the coming days, but my work schedule may force me to put it off until the weekend. Suffice to say that you were right about FF. The critics who slammed it simply don't understand. No one was looking for an Oscar-quality film with FF. That DVD is going to do absolutely monster business in December, as Santa will be putting it in many kids' stockings.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home