MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

12.27.2005

The Loot

Christmas is the best time of year for one primary reason: The Loot.

This year was no exception.

WordGirl being a wonderful shopper, I made out like the proverbial bandit:

Charles Tyrwhitt cufflinks (mother-of-pearl)
Paul Frederick cufflinks (blue)
"The Rockford Files" Season One DVD - ahh, nothing like 70s PI shows. Surprisingly, "Rockford" still holds up today.
Caswell-Massey shaving supplies - still shaving with Gillette Foamy? You poor, misguided, stubbly fool.
"Office Space" Special Edition DVD (with Flair!) - We need you to work Sunday, hmmmkay?

And the Mack Daddy Christmas fave---a stainless steel Fossil watch. This thing's as heavy as the manacles worn by The Defiant Ones. I keep waiting for Huck & Tom to show up with the hacksaw. My arm's natural motion is now that of the Da Vinci print they sent up with the Voyager spaceprobe. And when anyone happens to see my jacket and cuff ride up enough to display it, they will bow to me for they will instantly know I am the dominant male. No need to rub the velvet off my antlers or dye my back hair silver anymore, gents---my bitchin' watch dictates that I MUST BE OBEYED.

The Monsters-in-Law represented fairly well, saved largely by my Amazon wishlist. There was a memorable complaint about the last resting place of the awful Cutco knives we were given last year despite desperate pleas to allow our kitchen a Wusthof monopoly: the Cutcos were given charitably to the Municipal Sanitation Company of Anytown, USA. We expect to be sued by the city, county, and state governments presuming the local Indian tribe doesn't have quicker lawyers. The only thing those bloody knives cut is one's own flesh should you make the mistake of engaging in insane pursuits like peeling potatoes or trying to carve a turkey, thanks to the innovative Ergonotic design of the handle, which assures the premature death of any hemophiliacs in the family thanks to the knives having the balance of Ted Kennedy on his third day in the compound. But WordGirl can fill you in on all those details.

All in all, not a bad holiday, and with my birthday right around the corner (Jan 12th, same day as Rush Limbaugh's), I'll hopefully rack up yet more.

After all, "Miami Vice Season Two" should be out by then....

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Nunez said...

Excellent loot manifest, Teflon. I am particularly jealous of your Rockford Files season 1 set. I hope to obtain a copy myself in the near future. Until then, I get along well with the two episodes I constantly have rotating in the TiVo courtesy of Superstation WGN.

I am also pleased to see that you plan to acquire Miami Vice, Season 2. Amazon says my copy should arrive tomorrow. I believe Miami Vice directly influenced my eventual decision of where to go to college.

As for vintage TV on DVD, I skated off with Emergency! Season 1. I cannot wait to relive my childhood, where I watched John Gage and Roy DeSoto save lives in syndication every afternoon.

I also got Serenity, which I have not seen yet, FF, Clone Wars vol 2, Rides season 1, and 24 Season 3. My DVD player is one happy machine.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home