MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

2.12.2006

Technical Difficulties Weekend

Must be a geek holiday, because I've been wrestling with 'em all weekend.

Friday, Blogger crapped out on us. Must have been down so Google could put in the Chinese filters their delicate civil libertarian sensibilities failed to guard against.

Then my iPOD continued to do things one would expect of Bill Gates' crapware, like failing to reset and showing me the cute little sick iPOD icon that must be its equivalent of the Blue Screen O' Death.

Of course, the recommended fix from Apple means formatting the iPOD all over again and transferring my music back to it, which takes anywhere from 2 days to a full showing of "Shoah."

And don't even get me started on the fact that I just found out my really expensive digital camera will not let me use it to transfer pictures to the onboard Flashcard so that I can transfer the card to the digital frame.

I'm beginning to think "digital" is actually ancient Hittite for "takes a long time to figure out it doesn't work."

Update:

Sure enough, the Apple-recommended fix didn't work. Wasting a couple hours of my time is obviously preferable to wasting theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home