MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

5.12.2006

The 2006 GOP Outlook---Partly Cloudy, Chance of Reign

After WordGirl's searing post below (scroll down), I feel almost guilty introducing politics back to the blog.

Patrick Hynes, no weak prognosticator, thinks that 2006 isn't going to be the disaster for the GOP the LWM and their paper tigers the Democrat Party are lusting after.

I'm a bit more concerned that my fellow conservatives might be feeling a little bit of despair given the Bush Administration and Congress' incredible caves on judges, oil, and illegal immigration this year.

Will the national security vote be enough to bring GOP stalwarts to the polls? It will bring WG and I out, rain or shine, but I wonder if we'll be out in force.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cullen said...

Well Tef, it's like you say in a post above, do our elected officials even care about our borders? I think that's going to be a polarizing issue this year -- a swing vote swinging issue.

I mean, for those of us who are going to vote party line because of the "lesser of two evils," but there are plenty of voters out there swayed by important issues.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home