MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

5.10.2006

Too Freaking Cool Not To Brag On

TiVo crapped the bed.

Even though 24 is number 3 on our Season Pass priority list, TiVo decided we didn't need it because the title of Monday's episode looked vaguely familiar and it does not record "repeats". *sigh* Thanks, H.A.L.. Now go make me a coffee.

I noticed the omission yesterday morning when I came downstairs at 5AM for my workout. Checked the list; no 24. Crap. Husband will not be amused. And since Husband (resident tech wonk) and I (resident tech donk) have bickered about TiVo and our Season Pass priorities before, I got the sinking feeling that TiVo's little incontinence would not work in my favor.

So I ignored it.

Dinner: Husband comes downstairs after last round of emails and work wrap-ups. Announces that the viewing of 24 will commence in T minus 5 minutes. I freeze up. My stomach starts to percolate. I explain TiVo's wee accident; that it was not my fault; duck my head.

But Husband is very calm. "Oh," says he, and shrugs, "We can get it off iTunes then."

"What? iTunes? Are you kidding?"

"Nope, they have podcasts of just about everything now."

I realize I am not about to be destroyed. I sit up straight and exhale. "Well okay! Bring it on sugardaddy! But wait... can we really watch it on that tiny little iPod screen?"

He gives me his classic Morris the Cat stare. "Oh ye of little faith."

15 minutes later... after some requisite cursing and online cross-checking, showtime is announced. After a "@#$%" and an enthusiastic "woo!" we're off.

24 on the bigscreen, no commercials.

How freaking cool is that?

And if that isn't enough, SuperHusband tops it off with a retrospective of the cheesiest music videos from the 80's. Wow. Quarterflash sooo wanted to be Pat Benatar...

I knew there was a reason I married this man.

1 Comments:

Blogger WordGirl said...

Yup. Genius, this one.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home