MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

5.31.2006

Ben Stein's Memorial Day Reflections

Ben Stein is a real hero to veterans. He's someone who clearly "gets it".

WordGirl and I had the great privilege to spend Memorial Day Weekend in the company of veterans and active duty servicemen and their families, culminating in the retirement ceremony of a senior NCO with whom I'd had the great pleasure to serve overseas back in the 90s. I'll leave it to WordGirl to elaborate on her impressions, but suffice it to say I could think of no better way to spend this sacred American holiday than in the company of such real-life heroes, none of whom view themselves as such.

I'm sure Mr. Stein would feel the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home