MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

5.23.2006

Pimp My American Idol

Or put it on steroids...















I don't watch American Idol [ducking for objects and insults being hurled at my head].

Why?
1) I've spent a big chunk of time on stage as a professional singer
2) I'm not flat and off key and it buggers me senseless when others are
3) I detest pop music as a general rule
4) Ditto pop culture and the plasticized image these kids get squeezed into
5) None of the AI winners ever produce any art of lasting value
6) This whole thing is just incredibly dull and uninteresting (after the first-round freaks, of course)

All of which point to WG's First Rule and Axiomatic Law: I'm a snob. I've accepted it. And I'm okay with it. I'll shrug and defend my right to be a snob: disagree, make fun, be angry at my taste -- whatever. I still won't watch American Idol. Sorry.

But the Eurovision song contest? Oh... YYYY-EAHHHH! Now, that's entertainment.

H/T: Go Fug Yourself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home