MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

11.20.2006

Candidates, Start Your Engines

The Rite of Acceptance went just fine yesterday, despite my trying to ice the other candidates by telling them there was a last-minute change in the order of the questions.

At lunch following Mass, I promptly prevailed over my fellow ersatz theologians who tried to maintain that Revelation is a literal depiction of future global events. Even WordGirl, who has valiantly fought to preserve this aspect of her fundamentalist theology through many, many hours of argument, had to admit I eked out a win yesterday over blackened chicken penne pasta with tomato cream sauce.

I of course will eat nothing but blackened chicken penne pasta with tomato cream sauce from now on, to ensure that I never, ever lose an argument again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

hahahahaha!

I think most Catholics don't have a problem accepting much of the Bible as metaphor or analogy.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home