MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

7.04.2008

Do Liberals Love America?

Not if you mean, as most of us do, "Love for America as she truly is, and not America as an abstract concept."

I love my wife. My love for my wife encompasses love for those little traits I would consider to be imperfections or quirks. I do not love my wife because I have some Platonic ideal of her in mind which she should progress toward. If she makes no progress whatsoever toward that ideal, I'd love her still---indeed, were she to regress from it, I would love her still. I love her.

Likewise, I love America.

Liberals, on the other hand, must always append the ",but...." suffix to such statements.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home