MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

7.11.2005

*sigh* I Love Being a Girl


MF ordered my wedding band the other day. He didn't tell me, but when he reconfirmed my ring size, I kinda' caught on. I asked him where it was a couple of days later when I saw the Fed Ex "YOU HAVE TO SIGN THIS OR WE WON'T DELIVER IT" door hanger at his house. He denied knowing anything. *smirk* Just like him. We began making dinner and I opened the silverware drawer to get a fork. There was the little blue velvet box and a pamphlet on diamond care from Blue Nile right on top of the spoons.

"Awwwww... honey! You got me a pamphlet on ring care! How sweeeeet!"

He just rolled his eyes.

Isn't it preeeeeetty?

I put it on with my engagement ring and stood in front of the mirror admiring it from 158 directions, and imagining that I was Sophia Loren at the country club with my children, all dressed to crisp, A-line summery perfection. He forced me to take it off after it impeded conversation. : (

Also finally gave in to the urge on Saturday and got my nails done. *double sigh* They're long enough to be glamorous and short enough to be practical. (I have to type after all.) I got the American manicure (Which is pink and white like the French version, but softer and more natural looking.) I even got a little arm massage with peppermint lotion after she was done.

I almost enjoy the fact that the lady doing my nails can't speak English. I don't have to talk. It's great. And I can sit there and wonder about her life and the lives of all the other workers in the shop. They do a very good job and work hard for their money. Even in broken English. I can't say that I would be as confident about working in a total immersion environment myself.

I don't know when the girlie-girl virus hit me. For someone who spent almost all of her teens and the better part of her twenties in black anything, I certainly am enamored with pink, anything that sparkles and (dare I say) ribbons. What happened?

I dunno'... but I LIKE it! *squeal*

2 Comments:

Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

Very attractive band. He has good taste.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WG -- Is *that* your wedding band?! Yowsa.

He's just swept *me* off my feet!

Can I marry him, too? ;-)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home