MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

8.05.2005

Down With Drudge

I've been a longtime fan of Matt Drudge's Drudge Report, and have used it as my personal homepage for years.

No more.

Every time I access Drudge, I get hit with a ton of spyware. It slows my computer down to a crawl. I'm sick of removing it. I could (and probably should) set my firewall back up, but I'm pretty ticked that Drudge would support something so destructive to make a buck. I don't get nailed with adware at InstaPundit, so that's my new homepage.

I won't link to Drudge any longer either, for fear of exposing anyone who follows the link to more spyware.

Update:

Welcome Wizbang! recruits to the War on Drudge. We won't rest until the last popup ad is removed. In the meantime, war is hell---why not look around?

4 Comments:

Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

And I thought it was just me. His site somehow goes around all my security and slips in the back door. I'm about done with him as well.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use PeerGuardian, which blocks all of it. It's neat to look at because in any given second you can have 5 attempts to look into your computer

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even with good spyware protection, a visit to Drudge means that my computer needs a bath to find and remove all the junk he allows...plus the popups .

Now, I go once a week maybe.

Plus he is rich and lazy...does not cover breaking news like " Able Danger..." anymore

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, Drudge still lets pop-ups through on my system (Firefox and Mac Jaguar)...

2 plus 2 equals...FOUR!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home