MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

9.26.2005

Tagged! Part 2

Five Favorite Snacks:
Okay, because I'm a little schizoid with the Food -- two lists. Snacks I actually do eat:
1) Stoneyfield Farms fat free yogurt, any flavor, with All Bran Buds mixed in
2) Orville Redenbacher's mini bags of light popcorn
3) All Bran Cereal Bars, Oatmeal Raisin
4) Warm toasted sourdough rolls with butter
5) A really sweet and tart golden delicious apple... Mmm...

And things-I-would-bathe in-if-they-were-without-calories:
1) Peanut butter -- Spoon and jar, nothin' else -- heaven. Heh-VINN.
2) Ice cream -- OHMYGOH, loads of it. LOADS. Soft serve, in particular. I am fond of many flavors (ie. strawberry cheesecake, key lime pie, butterscotch, peanut butter cup), but don't tend to dive into things with lots of hard, brick-like chunks in them. A simple vanilla cone at McDonald's has never let me down.
3) Cake batter/cookie dough. I can't bake anything without sticking my head in the mixing bowl. Which brings me to...
4) Cake. Birthday cake, especially. OH. MY... *shiver* So good. Though the best of both snack food worlds is the new birthday cake ice cream. Whoever thought that up ought to be shot. It's got blobs of icing and sprinkles in it, AND it's creamy good. Illegal.
5) Cheetos, Cheez Doodles, Doritos, Planters Cheez Balls -- anything crunchy and steroid-ed out with powdered cheese.

Five Songs I Know the Words to:
Any song I've heard more than twice. Sorry. It's a gift, going all the way back to childhood. My Dad was amazed when, at the age of 5, I knew all the words to Ricky Skaggs', "Highway 40 Blues." (What? It's a good tune.) So I'm a little overqualified for this question.

Those who mystify me are the people who don't know the words to 5 whole songs. There are a lot of these individuals, apparently. That's a shame, and a bit of a stumper. 'Course I'm no good at geography. I guess kryptonite comes in many forms.

However, I can list 5 songs I know all the words to and can sing in perfect, professional, studio-recording pitch:

1) Susan Tedeschi -- "Angel From Montgomery"
2) Patty Griffin -- "Time Will Do The Talking"
3) Rachel Lampa -- "Blessed"
4) Etta James -- "Sunday Kind of Love"
5) Nichole Nordeman -- "Burning"

I'm an alto, if you couldn't guess.

What I would do with 5 Million Dollars:
1) Pay off my debts -- credit card, car loan, student loan
2) Buy my friends and family cool shwag that reeks of love and thoughtfulness. Take MF someplace fabulous on a month-long vacation.
3) Donate a huge chunk to a good solid, light of day, pro-life, Christian humanitarian group. Maybe get on with them as some sort of professional volunteer.
4) Quit formal "work" and devote my time to things I've always wanted to pursue -- literature, arts, crafts, raising a family, travel.
5) Give the majority of it to MF. He's very money savvy. I'm sure it would be invested wisely and used for exceptional family-protecting and insuring things. He would take the money and make it stretch a long way for us and our children -- college funds, retirement, legacies, occasional toys and the like.

5 Places I would escape to for a while:
(If there were more hours in the day and less to do.)
1) The kitchen, to bake and create all kinds of things I never have the time to undertake
2) My drafting table, to paint and sketch
3) The bed, couch or sunroom, to read
4) The movies or in front of the TV, with a big bag of popcorn
5) Trails to hike; rivers to kayak; yoga mat to bend and stretch

I'm a solitary, creative, thoughtful one, I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home