MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

12.27.2005

The Loot: Says She

Annnnd (lest my husband get away with all the braggin' rights) I got some pretty hot shwag as well:
* lots of books (a plethora of C.S. Lewis, a cool kids' book, a day-by-day chronologically ordered study Bible, a book of ad icon cartoons throughout the 20th century, classic books on homemaking that I asked for)
* lots of DVDs (the "Alfred Hitchcock" classics movie collection, the "Astaire and Rogers" collection, Gilda Radner's one-woman show from 1979, "Looney Tunes: Volume 2")
* CD's (the "Etta James Chess Recordings", Otis Redding)
* funny political t-shirts
* the "Robots" XBox game
* and a really cool retro radio (upgraded to allow MP3 plug-ins).

So I didna' do too bad neither.

Did The Tef fail to mention that we spent the entire day yesterday watching our DVDs and reading? In our pajamas? In bed? All day? Yep! Now that's what I call a long winter's nap! (I asked permission to roll in all my books but was, alas, denied...)

And yes, they will bow at the sight of the manly-man, cufflink-watch upgrade. But no, the Amazon fairy will not be delivering the "Miami Vice Season Two" DVD collection unless it is ordered by someone other than me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alex Nunez said...

Come on WG, you know Miami Vice is awesome....

8:44 PM  
Blogger WordGirl said...

Totally. We have Season One, actually. I'm just a little over it. ;-) HA-HA!

We just got "Serenity" the other day. Glad to see we converted at least one person! You'll LOVE it. But if you haven't seen the show "Firefly" I would HIGHLY recommend watching that first. (I think it's available at Netflix.)

"Emergency!", huh? Would love to add that to our collection as well...

Thanks!!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Alex Nunez said...

My bro-in-law is an enormous Joss Whedon/Buffy/Firefly fan who has been begging me to watch his Firefly series DVDs for some time. Perhaps it's time to take him up on it!

10:29 AM  
Blogger WordGirl said...

Worth every minute. You'll blog it, I've no doubt.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home