MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

3.27.2006

The French---Feckless, Corrupt, and Lazy

Larry Kudlow asks the important question:

Why is it that so many French people would rather riot than work?


I don't think "hard-working" has ever been a stereotypical French trait. It's almost as rarely associated with French character as "loyal", or "steadfast", or "honest".

(It is with heavy heart and in the interest of full disclosure that I reveal that I myself am half-French by ancestry, although one hopes that my ancestors long pilgrimage through North America purged the most noxious of genetic defects incurred through my Gallic forebears. I, for one, rather hope that I picked up Roman or German alleles during one of the many periods where the French had to backstab their alleged allies within their own borders, but absent comprehensive testing of mitochondrial DNA, I can neither confirm nor deny this.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home