MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

1.19.2007

On Fertility

Girls, if you ever have to undergo an HSG, take someone with you. It's kind of major: hospital bracelet; lots of questions about whether or not you have a living will or have delegated power of attorney; cramping -- major cramping; some nausea; showing your girl parts to people you just met; you know, FUN!

Get up slowly from the radiopathy table, ladies. The nervous system may not have been anticipating quite the level of trauma iodine being injected into your lady-parts might bring... so it might make you pass out or faint. And by all means, relax for a few hours after. You've just had to haul your butt up onto a cold table in front of staff who are bound all the way up to their necks in lead vestments.

Payoff? You get to see your insides on the tee-vee... So you got that goin' for you... which is nice...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. I don't think I've ever fainted but once when I had the flu really bad I tossed my cookies in the nearest trash can as I was just about to go through the door to the front desk from the exam room. I was terribly mortified but everyone was really nice about it. It's somewhat comforting to know that medical people are pretty much unfazed by all the body parts and functions we're so vulnerable about.

You've definitely earned some serious relaxation!!! PJ's and a blanket for curling up on the couch for some movies?

I hope you got your copy of a still, suitable for framing. ;)

Seriously, best wishes for good health & everything. You're in my prayers.

10:37 PM  
Blogger WordGirl said...

A still, suitable for framing... I wish.

;-)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cr@p, WG.

If it doesn't tell much about the tubes being stuck (or other sticky stuckiness) could they have done an ultrasound or something ~gulp~ else???

I have a history(hystory :0)) of uterine pain and had a laparoscopy once. No fun, that.

Hope all goes well, and keep quiet and warm; maybe a heating pad?

~gulp~

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home