MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

4.21.2007

ABC's of Me

Because I am just that committed to talking about myself. And because I'm punchy from having worked on my best friend's wedding for twenty some-odd hours today. The bridal shower is tomorrow (Homemade quiche! Individually decorated, lemon mini-poundcakes! Scones! Tea in antique cups! Champagne and strawberries! HOO-freakkin''-RAAAAAY!!!!) and the wedding is on May 12th. I'll get some sleep around Memorial Day. (Tef would tell you that what I just said is not entirely the reason why I haven't been blogging recently. *HE* would say it's because *I* have been involved in *this* a lot more lately on top of the wedding and my regular happy housewife stuff. What do I have to say to that? ... Well. Tef is a liar. Obviously.)

So anyway, thanks to Tracey. 'Cuz I know you were on the edge of your seat and all.

A- Available or Single? [church lady eyebrow] You mean... adulterer... or... fornicator? Neither. Happily married.
B- Best Friend. You mean the one who's getting the brunch of the frikkin' DECADE tomorrow from eleven to one?!
C- Cake or Pie. Ooooh... Depends on the cake or pie. Mostly I'm partial to cake, but a good lemon meringue pie beats a crappy, supermarket grease-cake any day. The icing makes it or breaks it, dude.
D- Drink of Choice. [sigh] Water. (Sooooo exciting, right?) But if I could stop humming for five seconds I would drink coffee all. tha'. time. [I like my shu-gah wit' coffee and cream! Beastie Boys, Intergalactic.]
E- Essential Item. iPod: Music, lectures from the Teaching Company, videos. Cannot do without it.
F- Favorite Color. RED.
G- Gummi Bears or Worms. I'm'anna'go with the consensus on this one: Sour Patch Kids. But if it's a question of shape and overall mandibular enjoyment -- worms. They're streeeetchy. And they'll sometimes snap back at your face on the recoil. That's kinda' fun.
H- Hometown. The South. It's all the same. Except Texas. Texas is like a whole 'nother country.
I- Indulgence. I plead the Fifth.
J- January or February. I need a light box and major antidepressants to get through either/both. One long slow death march towards Spring.
K- Kids. Shut up. The Clomid isn't working. Yet. Maybe it will maybe it won't. We'll keep trying at any rate.
L- Life is incomplete without … In general? Music. I thought long and hard about whether -- given the choice -- I would choose to go blind or deaf. It was a tough call. But at the end of it... I'd rather go blind. I can learn a new skill set like braille or walking with a lead dog. But to never hear my husband's voice again? To be locked up in my own brain with just the grate of my voice to keep me company? No thank you. (And yes, I realize the freakishness of my perceived need to make this choice. As if it's urgent. I just want to be prepared is all. You never know.)
M- Marriage Date. October 15.
N- Number of Siblings? 1 by birth. None that I claim.
O- Oranges or Apples? Apples. Thre's something clean and wholesome about them. They just make me happy. Like Gwyneth Paltrow.
P-Phobias/Fears. Ghosts and UFO's. I'm freaked out now 'cause I just wrote that down and the house is all dark and Tef's asleep and since I wrote it down now it's gonna' make something appear in the hall outside the office door. Can we hurry?
Q- Favorite Quote. "People tell you who they are -- believe them."
R- Reasons to smile. My husband. His comedic timing, silly banter, loud made-up songs he sings at the top of his voice and the way he talks to our fish. His awesome work ethic, push to excellence and the perfect hollow where his arm meets his shoulder. Fits my head just right while we're watching TV.
S- Season. The transition between Autmn and Winter right before Christmas.
T- Tag Three. People?
U- Unknown Fact About Me. I'm left-handed... ?
V – Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals. Oppressor of Animals.
W- Worst Habit. Pushing myself to exhaustion. Oh, and taking glasses to the dishwasher before Tef has a chance to refill and/or finish with them.
X – X-rays or Ultrasounds. I don't even understand this. How is this a choice? Are there people who actually have a preference here? That's like saying, "handcuffs or manacles?"
Y- Your Favorite Foods. Thai, Portuguese, INDIAN [mmm], sushi... but we go out to eat, like, once a month or something. I cook almost every night. Saves loads of money and expands my skill set. Plus it's healthier. Most of the time, though, I'm happy with a really good bowl of oatmeal and coffee or [mmm] a toasted, high-fiber English muffin with butter and strawberry preserves. I like yogurt with All Bran Buds and dried cranberries too. (Hey, never said I wasn't odd.) Breakfast food mostly, I guess.
I was thinking about this today, actually, how when I was growing up one of my neighbor's mom's would make "breakfast for dinner" sometimes during the week. I just thought that was the coolest thing ever. I would love to do that. Pancakes for dinner with scrambles eggs and bacon? Heaven. Although since I can't wait for the hotcakes to hit the plate without "checking to make sure they're done" I'm usually too full to eat much once we actually get to sit down. And it's not the same at a diner... Anyway.
Z- Zodiac. Yeah, creepy. They never did catch that guy did they? Now I'm all freaked out. And it's dark in the house... Awww, mannnn...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breakfast - the best meal of the day.

I used to cook "breakfast for dinner" several times a month. The kids loved it.
My daughter does it now, for her kids.

7:04 AM  
Blogger WordGirl said...

See? It's not just me. Thanks for validating me, Sal!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Cullen said...

Anyone who doesn't do breakfast for dinner every once in a while is un-American.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Teflon said...

Cullen-

Are you questioning my patriotism?

I happen to have complete moral authority on the subject of what to have for dinner.

How dare you question me?

Intolerant! Meat-and-potato-a-phobe!

7:48 PM  
Blogger WordGirl said...

LOL

6:03 AM  
Blogger Cullen said...

Hmm. Are those potatoes, French fries, Tef?

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home