MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

6.16.2005

I Hate Brad Pitt

It's official. Not only because he KNOWS he's pretty. Not only because he cheated on Jen. Not only because his honeyed, oh-so-dreamy locks are nauseating. Not only because I hate his friends. Not only because he's shacking up with the skankalicious *shudder* Angelina (ewwwww!).

But because -- BECAUSE -- I finally caved in to the hype. All my girlfriends have seen it -- several times. Some of them in the theater, some of them on DVD over and over... and over. They gushed about how good it was. How I must -- must -- have an entire box of hankies to get through it. "Oh, *sigh* you haven't seen it? I loooooove that movie! Whyyyy haven't you seen it?"

Finally, my best girlfriend put it in my hand (a la a mother sharing a blushing rite of passage with her daughter) and whispered, "Here. Get it back to me when you can," with a glazed, dreamy look in her eyes.

Yes, as difficult as it may be to believe, I have gone all these years without seeing Legends of the Fall. I've gotten along quite nicely, in fact. Until last night.

This is a good movie? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! *blugh* I couldn't even finish. I got an hour down before having to stifle my gag reflex. He's just so... BLOND. And... STOIC. And... PRETTY *flapping hands in a flailing motion* GROSS!

Capture me with wit, intelligence, humor, honesty, respect, and care. Conduct yourself with dignity. Stand up when I come into the room. Open the door for me. Put your coat around my shoulders if I even look cold. Help me with my packages. Work hard. Stand up for yourself. Say 'no' when I find I'm so in love with you that I try to force myself on you. Say you want to wait until we're married. Suffer with masculine passion. Good God in Heaven... That's incredibly sexy.

Is Tristan (who names their kid TRISTAN?!) just the MOST-EST because he knows how to hunt and he smells like horse manure?

"Oh! Tristan killed a deer and he's swaggering towards the house looking smug! Catch me before I faint!" Yeah, that's what I want. *G-G-G-Gaaaggg*

Give me Alfred/Aidan Quinn over all of 'em. At least he's honorable.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, how I've missed you. You have the sharpest wit, you scare the crap outta me. LOL. As I have seen only one movie in the theaters in almost nine yrs... (awful, eh?) Aidan Quinn I know, and think is so hot. Julia Roberts' brother, too, what IS his name. Man, and he can act, too. My husband looked at him and said, "You think HE'S hot...that doesn't say much for me!!". No accounting for a girl's taste.

Have you ever seen "The Wide Sarragaso Sea". Sorry if I spelled it wrong. That's a great movie and it also has frontal male knowledge... That's not why it's good, I just have never seen that in any movie before. It's the prequel to Jane Eyre and is the best.

9:57 PM  
Blogger WordGirl said...

(((((Thanks Karen)))))

My personal favorite is Colin Firth from A&E's version of "Pride and Prejudice". If you haven't seen it, go rent it. It's worth sitting in front of the tele for several hours. I'm serious -- GO NOW!!! He's super hot. Why? Because of all the reasons aforementioned. Dignified, passion brimming just below the surface, honorable, cute... British... *sigh* Colin Firth...

Good to be back! :)

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad Pitt is atrocious, what with that vaguely piggy nose and irritating monotone. Blech! He's just intolerable!

Colin Firth, on the other hand ...
scrumptious.

Gotta disagree about "The Wide Sargasso Sea." I think it was rated NC-17, so I remember it for that. And the wretched, career-ending performances of the leads, one of them that chick that Brad Pitt married in "Legends ..." She should never be allowed to speak again.

(Actually, I don't think she has, so someone's enforcing a gag rule on the poor thing. There *is* a God.)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home