MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

7.02.2005

Yep, Pretty Much Punchy At This Point

Everything is sort of bleary. Pardon me if I don't make sense. I need sleep. The thing that keeps me going? No... not "what would Jerry Lewis do?".

How many nights has a soldier gone without sleep, without real rest, without a shower, food, comfort, heat, to protect and defend my country, my state, my city, my town, my home, my family, me?

How many loved ones do they miss as they stand guard? How many sons and daughters have been born without their presence? How many parents have passed on without them being able to say goodbye? How many nights in the arms of a husband or wife they sacrificed to keep me from harm? How many times have they wanted to give up and yet pressed on for the cause of freedom?

The least I can do is stay awake and watch.

Please support our troops and give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home