MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

11.02.2005

And Sumpin' Else

Taking the "sorta'-meme" cue again from the excellent Miz Tee.

An average American apparently does all of the following things:
– Eats peanut butter at least once a week -
Um... sometimes. Peanut butter is on my list of verboten foods, due to the fact that if left alone I could eat an entire jar in one sitting. I take the plunge (read = one or two tablespoons) about once a month.
– Prefers smooth peanut butter over chunky -
Nope, I'm a "chunky" girl. One of the first things I noticed while rummaging about in MH's cupboards is that he prefers his butter with junk, too. *Thank you, eHarmony!* The sticky crunch oozing into the grape jelly surrounded by soft bread... Heaven. Though MH cringes when I put mine on wheat.
– Can name all Three Stooges -
Who can't? Inane observation... NEXT.
– Lives within a 20-minute drive of a Wal-Mart -
Yes. I also live within a 20-minute drive of a Target, thank God.
- Eats at McDonald’s at least once a year -
Yeah, I married into this one. But I don't generally like it.
– Takes a shower for approximately 10.4 minutes a day -
I'm a long showerer. Used to clock 30 minutes in high school. I honestly don't know what I was doing in there -- letting the water wash all over me? Sleeping? I'm not sure. These days I'm about a 15-minute girl. I shower every day if I'm working out every day. Otherwise, every other day works just fine. And don't give me crap about this. I don't get that dirty working in the office, it saves water, and it keeps my skin at the perfect P.h.. Otherwise, I'm afraid my flesh would flake off in one big chunk. And then where would I be? Huh?
– Never sings in the shower -
Oh, please. WHO DOESN'T SING IN THE SHOWER? MH and I sing to each other while we're showering. I'm putting on makeup at the bathroom counter, he's serenading me with silly parodies of 80's songs and gargling. C'mon, GRINCHES!
– Lives in a house, not an apartment or condominium -
Yup. But only recently.
– Has a home valued between $100,000 and $300,000 -
This one is misleading. Our house, valued a little above the mean on this scale, would have a property value in the state of Massachusetts, for example, of about $450,000.00. So... not the most accurate one, this.
– Has fired a gun -
Yes, sweet Lord! I grew up in the country with rednecks. Been around guns my whole life. We had them in the house growing up (behind the bookcase in the living room, not in a glassed-in jobbie) and I'll admit, I dated some deer hunters in high school. Guns 'round those parts were (and are) no biggie.
But I had never actually fired one until I was 21. And then it was a .44. HOLY*%$#! We were wearing earplugs AND the sound deadening earmuff thingies and I still jumped every time it fired. I held my own though, and came within a quarter inch of my target (a full soda can). After that, I took my Dad target shooting a couple of times at an indoor range near our house. Again, awesome! Can't wait to go again. I got to fire an excellent assortment of handguns and turned out to be not a bad marksman. Now if I can only pull the trigger without squinting one eye...
– Is between 5 feet and 6 feet tall-
5'9", to be exact.
– Weighs 135 to 205 pounds -
Yup.
– Is between the ages of 18 and 53 -
Uh-huh.
– Believes gambling is an acceptable entertainment option -
I'm really apathetic about this one. If you want a more entertaining option than just throwing your money directly into the trashcan, go for it. It has never appealed to me, gambling. Seems like a huge snore. And if people would take the time to work out the math, they'd know they're gonna' lose anyway.
– Grew up within 50 miles of current home -
Yep. Have always lived within the 50-mile radius, actually. Marked that one down as failure for a long time. Now I don't see it as such a bad thing. I started working at 16, moved out to go to college at 18 and have never moved back in. Period. And until we got married on the 15th, I'd not had a roommate since my senior year of college. I've been almost everywhere I've wanted to go all over America (and now Ireland), so I don't sweat the stereotype. It doesn't apply to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I take exception to that Grinch comment. :P~ I don't sing in the shower. Of course, I'm only in the shower for 3-4 minutes (what ARE you doing in there for 15 minutes anyway?)

I do my singing in the car, thank you very much.

8:36 PM  
Blogger WordGirl said...

Oh, I'm a car singer as well! Don't *even* care if someone's gawking at me. I'm all Stevie Wonder. You only go 'round once, right?

3-minute shower?! Are you kidding? The only explanations for a 3-minute shower are:
1) You are clearly male
2) You were once in the armed forces

Love the :P~ . Stealing that asap.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope not kidding. A luxuriously long shower is double that...clocking in at 6 minutes.

yep, you nailed it. Male and in the Air Force.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home