MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

2.17.2006

Craft Baby, CRAFT!

I, the new bride, have officially been bitten by the crafting bug. I want to sew, knit, embroider and bedazzle everything. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I've also discovered the fun things you can make out of marzipan. *squeal!* Sweet Tef sent me to a Johnson and Wales advanced cake decorating course where I learned how to create a 3-layer torte with all kinds of fun marzipan flowers on top. (And where I, the humble home cook who has never taken a structured dessert course or run her own bakery, SKUNKED the professional competition! YES, I'M BRAGGING!!!!!)

BEHOLD!

And no, it didn't last a day.

"Friend-who-always-arrives-late-and-has-a-cellphone-permanently-glued-to-her-head"'s birthday is coming up. I think I'll make her a torte cake with a little marzipan teacup on top with little cakes beside it. You know, as if the top of the cake were a dessert plate.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

Again, what's wrong with me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Sa-weeet!

Sorry, couldn't resist that. But no, really, your cake looks awesome. My mom took one of those Wilton classes back in the 60's and I was always amazed with the things she could do to buttercream frosting.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home