MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

9.15.2006

Playing Dress Up

Guess who gets to go to the symphony toniiiight! With a handsome man in a tuxedoooo! Uh-huh, that's right. I've already got my crinolen fluffed and everything. (Hope that ol' dress still fits, though.)

Tef is taking us to a super special restaurant (and driving us there, thankfully. I hate downtown). Actually, now that I think about it, there's a restaurant in the same building as the symphony hall. And it's incredible. Maybe I should suggest that. 'Cuz we're all about the one-stop shopping here at MoltenThought.

I'll keep you posted.

Right now I'm working (sort of) and supervising my assistant as she learns how to do my job. Because in December, after almost 7 years with the same company, I'm leaving. I'm getting the best promotion in the world; incredible benefits; perks AND flex hours. It's my dream job. The one I've always wanted. I'm PSYCHED! Can't wait until Christmas. I'm blowing this taco stand!

I will be sad to leave my co-workers. This is such a tight-knit group of people and we've basically built this company from the ground up. But I can always come back and visit, right?

Anyway, hope everyone's weekend is exciting, productive and restful. I will be in the yard tomorrow finishing the last leg of the renovations. (I promise to post before and after pictures, such as they are.) And then going to a potluck at my BFF's house. Remind me to relay the drama around that whole thing. It's another blogpost soap opera on its own. Trust me.

'Bye, kids!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

Congratulations on the promotion!

One tip though: If you want to keep in touch with your (soon-to-be-former) co-workers, do so *outside* of their workplace. It's always awkward walking back into the workplace after leaving a job. Just like the old saying "you can never go home again" implying that if you do go back, it's just not the same home any more.

Hope the symphony was great.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home